With Coronavirus aka COVID-19 dominating headlines, everyone is eager to pump the purell and strap on a facemask. Meanwhile over on the Third Coast, we’re boosting our immunity naturally with our famous Lemon Ginger CBD Hot Shots.
What’s more, you don’t even need to leave your house to get the ingredients thanks to the internet and services like Shipt.
According to Jillian Kubala, MS, RD, the goal of a wellness shot is to provide an immediate blast of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants if your feeling run down or your body is fighting something off. Instead of grabbing an overpriced commercially produced version, follow our simple recipe to make your own in batch. And guess what? You can even dial up the benefits with your favorite CBD product.
That’s right, studies have shown that CBD can influence your immune system. We’ve also got plenty of other immune-boosting foods packed in our hot-shots. Enough talk, let’s get to the recipe, but first, stay safe out there friends, and keep your immune system up!
What You’ll Need
- 15 Lemons
- 3 Large Navel Oranges
- Ginger (1 large chunk)
- Turmeric (1 large root chunk) (root form (preferred) or powdered)
- Black Pepper (tablespoon)
- CBD Oil (Full dropper of your choice strength)
- Cayenne Pepper (optional, however much you’d prefer)
- Shroom Tech Immune (optional, but worth it if you can. The link we provided is to a free trial if you’d like to give it a whirl)
- Kitchen Knife / Cutting Board
- A handheld Juicer or a strong grip
- A Strainer to catch seeds and pulp
- A Microplane or grater
- A Microplane will more finely grate the ginger and turmeric (if using root form) and lead to a better consistency
- A Sealable Container (like a good mason jar)
Putting It Together
- Halve the citrus and juice them into a strainer over your container
- In order to make the juicing process a bit easier, leave the lemons and oranges out for a few days, you want them ripe and soft.
- Pro Tip – toss them in the microwave whole for a minute or two if you want to save some time and increase your juice yield.
- Microplane the Ginger and Tumeric
- We generally suggest adding as much of these you can. Each piece of ginger has a different “heat” level, so experiment a bit to determine what works for you
- Make sure to get the pulp and juice into your container
- Throw in a tablespoon of black pepper
- Add Cayenne if you can handle it!
- Add 2 full droppers of your favorite strength Tasty Drops CBD Oil
- Pop open 2 of the Shroom Tech Immune capsules if you got the free trial and add, then…
- Shake, Shoot and Enjoy! Store any remaining juice in your fridge for the rest of the week.
We hope you enjoy our Lemon Ginger CBD Hot Shots. Let us know in the comments below if you tried or put your own special spin on it!